- Free Rain Gardens
For San Pedro Residents. DETAILS HERE
- NWSPNC March 2019 Newsletter Hot Off the Press
- Ports Seek Comment on Clean Truck Assessment
- VOTE 2020 – Important Community Input needed for future Voting Center placement in Harbor Area
- Being a Good Neighbor
- Proposed SP Courthouse Development
- DWP Public Message
Rainy weather is here. Please use caution around downed or dangling power lines or poles. If you see a downed wire, always assume it’s LIVE and immediately dial 9-1-1. If you experience a power outage please call us at 1-800-DIAL DWP (1-800-342-5397).
- List of Streets marked for Resurfacing in CD15
- Planning Dept. Updates
- Free Trees
- Clearwater Project August Newsletter
- Machado Lake Pipeline Project
- Notice of Treatment for Oriental Fruit Fly
- Bike & E-Scooter Survey
- City Planning Dept Newsletter
- Learn to Swim
L.A. City Expands Affordable SwimLA Program for Kids. Read more.
- Release of Draft Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for So Cal Ship Services Permit Renewal at 971 South Seaside Ave
- San Pedro Trolley Route Map
- Phillips 66 Flaring 24 Hr Hotline
- City of LA 2018-2019 Proposed Budget
- Hey Rookie Pool Summer Hours
- Free Services
- Comments on this year’s Pathways Event
“It was amazing. I learned different ways in which I could approach people, interact with them and being able to think outside the box.” Read more
- Ports O’Call/San Pedro Public Market Video
- Provide Input on Metro’s FY19 Budget
- Risk Management Letter to the Port
- Share Your Big Ideas for the Future of LA
- Free Home Delivery of Mulch to City of LA residents
- Courthouse Property Survey RESULTS!
- re:code LA Update
Read all about it here.
- CSUDH Professor, Students Explore Port of LA in Photography Exhibit
This exhibit is a fun approach to learning a bit about our community and some of the issues our council is working on. Read Article
- How to Get Your Sidewalk Repaired
San Pedro Community Plan Final EIR Now Available.
- Port of LA – Public Access Investment Plan 2017 Update
- Port of LA and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Release Draft EIS/EIR for Everport Container Terminal
APRIL 2017 QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
March 2017 Newsletter
- Latinas Public Service Academy. Free Public Policy program for 11th & 12th grade Latinas
- HOT OFF THE PRESS:
- Coast Guard, Federal, State and Local Agencies to Conduct Port Partner Exercise in Port of LA-LB on Tues, March 7th.
Save Water, Energy, Money and the Environment
- Board of Water and Power Commissioners Approves LADWP Bill of Rights
- Phillips 66 Flaring Update
- Draft 2016 Power Integrated Resource Plan Comment Period EXTENDED
- Port of LA / Long Beach Clean Air Action Plan 2017
- Clean Streets Challenge Nov. 12th.
- Vote for Sidewalk Repair!
- Wesson Letter on Marijuana Regulatory Framework
- Small Lot Design Standards – Working Draft
- Update on San Pedro Urban Greening and CalFire Grant
“Ellis” Evictions & Requirements to Remove a Rental Unit from the Housing Market. Workshop Tuesday September 13, 10:00am in Torrance. Details
- Proposed New Developments in San Pedro
- LA City Council Approves the Creation of a Petroleum and Natural Gas Administration and Safety Office
- Proposed procedural amendments to the City’s Cultural Heritage Ordinance
- LA County Strategic Plan for Economic Development
- Currently experiencing an outage or need information on a maintenance-related outage?
- CLA Report re Waterfront Development
- Western Avenue Corridor Street Enhancement Strategy
- More El Nino Weather Info
FOR YOUTH PROJECTS
- Beware of Medicare Open Enrollment Scams
- Your Dog Can’t Drive, But He Still Needs a License!
Draft Environmental Assessment for the Complete or Partial Closure of Defense Fuel Support Point San Pedro. Details.
LA City Atty’s Dispute Resolution Program. Click here for details.
Earthquake preparedness security for your home
- LADWP Drinking Water Quality Report Available
- High Park Development Updates
- Traffic Mitigation Measures (3/20/19)
- Specific Plan Design Guidelines – High Park Project (Uploaded 6-9-17)
- Questions and Responses 6/7/17
- Questions and Responses 4/17/17
- Ponte Vista Motions
- 2/4/16 – Daily Breeze Article: “Name Change for San Pedro’s Ponte Vista.”
- 8/11/15: Soil Testing: The NWSPNC requested more info from the LA Dept of Planning regarding soils testing at Ponte Vista, particularly for potentially hydrocarbon-impacted soils. The soils testing was done for the grading plan and in response to letters from the City Dept of Planning.
- Letter from the Department of City Planning, in response to the applicant’s submitted soils report, and which summarizes some of the report from the consultants to the Ponte Vista project and calls for further investigation of some soils: View letter.
- Link to Full Report. The PDF file is very large (10-15 minutes download time) and can be downloaded from the following location: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa4ij29t5gkt5pc/13-107%20Response%20to%20LADBS%20Correction%20Letters%202.pdf?dl=0
- 6/4/15 Ponte Vista Update: Several stakeholders inquired as to the status of Ponte Vista as they noticed what appeared to be a slow down at the physical site. Here is an update directly from the Ponte Vista Community Outreach Team:We assure you the project has not been scrapped and are working hard to obtain permit approvals from the City of Los Angeles so that work can begin as soon as possible. Completing the road to Mary Star High School continues to be a high priority for the project team as well as the community. The road will be built (along with the other infrastructure, roads and sidewalks) once grading of the site is completed and permits are obtained for the horizontal infrastructure (underground improvements and utilities, roads, etc.). iStar (the project ownership) is currently waiting for grading permits to be issued by the City of Los Angeles. Once the grading work is completed and the onsite infrastructure plans have advanced through the city plan check process, iStar will be able to estimate a timeframe for completion of the road.
Any questions or concerns regarding traffic flow or safety should be directed to the Department of Transportation, which is overseeing the traffic pattern on Taper Ave. IStar is funding a crossing guard for the intersection as a safety measure.
The safety and convenience of our neighbors is very important to the project team. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at 310-241-0699 or email@example.com with any further questions or concerns.
PONTE VISTA ARCHIVED INFORMATION BELOW:
12/18/13: LA City Council PLUM Committee Approves Ponte Vista. Read more
11/14/13: Los Angeles Planning Commission approves Ponte Vista. Read more here.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS FROM THE NWSPNC BOARD AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS.
Comments approved by the Board on 11/11/13
Stakeholder Comments (B. Bornemann)
Stakeholder Comments (C. Grayson)
Stakeholder Comments (P. Nave)
Stakeholder Comments (Kaizer R)
SPECIFIC PLAN DATED 9/27/13: Specific Plan 9-27-13 (THIS IS A LARGE 47 PAGE DOCUMENT AND MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO DOWNLOAD.)
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS 10/7/13: (These are very large files and make take several minutes to download.)
1. Grading Appendices 130926
2. 130925 Ponte Vista track map Resubmittal
3. App 3 – Street Stds Exhibits 130926
4. App 4- Ponte Vista – Specfic Plan Wall Standards 130926
NWSPNC MOTIONS RELATED TO PONTE VISTA: http://nwsanpedro.org/ponte-vista-development-motions/
WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM NWSPNC PRESIDENT RAYMOND REGALADO TO PLANNING DEPARTMENT AT JULY 30, 2013 HEARING. View this link: Planning Department FEIR Statement-1
FINAL EIR FOR PONTE VISTA: http://cityplanning.lacity.org/eir/PonteVistaProj2/FEIR/FEIR%20Ponte%20Vista%20Project.html
NWSPNC Comments on FEIR: http://nwsanpedro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/FEIR-Comments-1.pdf
March 13, 2013: Ponte Vista Specific Plan Comments from NWSPNC: Link to view Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood Council’s Comments on the Ponte Vista Specific plan. View Comments
1/14/13: Read the Press release announcing the intention to shift toward the 830 unit reduced density alternative. Download here: PV Reduced Denisity Press Release 1-14-13
1/7/13: Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood Council’s Comments on the Ponte Vista DEIR as approved by the NWSPNC Board and sent to the Planning Department:
View Letter to Planning Department Re: Comments.
View DEIR_Comments final (THIS IS A LARGE FILE AND MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD)Link to December 10, 2012 Traffic Study Power Point PresentationUpdate 11/12/12: A new project for Ponte Vista has been proposed by iStar Financials and the City of Los Angeles has released the Draft Environmental Impact report for this project. The DEIR is based on 1135 units, a combination of single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums and apartments. Comments on the DEIR are due January 9, 2013. A copy of the DEIR is available at: http://cityplanning.lacity.org/eir/PonteVistaProj2/DEIR/DEIR%20Ponte%20Vista%20Project.htmlIn addition, they submitted a draft plan to the city for 830 units that included a request for approval of track map, general plan amendment, specific plan, and development agreement.More information is available at their website www.pontevista.com
Ponte Vista Traffic Study Documents:
Document 1 – Location of Related Projects
Document 2 – Existing Saturday Traffic Volumes
Document 3 – Project Trip Generation
Document 4 – Existing Weekday Traffic Volumes
Document 5 – Related Projects for EIR
April 2, 2010 (San Pedro, CA). SFI Bridgeview, LLC, a subsidiary of iStar Financial Inc., a leading publicly traded finance company focused on the real estate industry, announced today that it has taken ownership of Ponte Vista, a 62-acre residential property located on Western Avenue in the community of San Pedro, in a negotiated transfer of the property. Download Statement here: Media Statement Ponte Vista
Upcoming northbound I-110/John S Gibson Blvd. on-ramp closure. Details.
State of the 15th Council District Speech
- Northwest Receives Empower LA Award
Like Us On Facebook
Our Oct. 2018 Newsletter
Send us a Tweet
Fill Out Our Survey