Smilin’ Jack is Smiling Behind that Face Mask!
Dear Community Members –
We invite you to our 68th annual Smilin’ Jack Halloween event. This year has brought so many changes – including the appearance of our very own Smilin’ Jack! At Phillips 66, our priority is safety. This year, Smilin’ Jack wears a face covering so that he can enjoy another year of this Spooktacular event with you – all while practicing health and safety protocols.
The County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health implemented guidance to allow us to host our Halloween drive-thru event and limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19. All visitors are required to observe and adhere to the following Public Health requirements:
- All vehicle occupants must wear a face covering at all times (even while taking pictures).
- All participants must remain in a fully enclosed motorized vehicle with the seat belt fastened and where all occupants of each enclosed vehicle are members of a single household (no motorcycles, convertibles with the top open will be allowed).
- Visitors will be required to comply to direction from Phillips 66 personnel, local law enforcement, and security staff during event.
- Vehicles cannot exceed their maximum occupancy.
- The occupants of a vehicle must be members of the same household or living unit.
- Visitors must remain in vehicle and cannot change vehicles at any time.
- Any items brought by occupants of a vehicle must remain in the vehicle.
- We ask that visitors DO NOT ATTEND IF:
- They have come into close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19) in the past 14 days.
- Are experiencing fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, body aches, headaches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat or any flu-like symptoms.
- For additional information, please visit: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/
We welcome and encourage you to share the invitation flyer attached with your community and network. We welcome all those that can adhere to the safety guidance to visit us on October 30th.
Juliana L. Moreno
Public Affairs & Community Relations Advisor
Los Angeles Refinery
O: 310.952.6575 | M: 424.251.4443
1660 W. Anaheim Street | Wilmington, CA 90744