COVID-19: Help for San Pedro Residents
Housing, Food, Childcare and Education
Harbor Interfaith Services provides transitional housing, food, job placement, childcare and education services.
- Call 310-831-0603 for housing assistance; Call 424-276-3602 for food pantry
The Toberman Neighborhood Center provides meals and food delivery, housing and utilities support, tutoring and career transition services, and help applying for state benefits, such as the California Economic Development Department (EDD), CalFresh and Medi-Cal.
- Call 310-832-1145
The Port of Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club is a Grab & Go Distribution Site, providing lunch, snacks and free school supplies on certain days of the week to children.
- Call 310-833-1322
The San Pedro & Peninsula YMCA is serving breakfast and lunch for those in need.
- Call 310-832-4211
- Visit their website
Harbor Community Health Centers provide pediatric and adult primary care, prenatal care, behavioral health, and assistance enrolling in health care plans for low income residents and those who do not have health insurance.
- Call 310-547-0202
Assistance for Victims of Domestic Violence
Rainbow Services provides emergency and crisis assistance to victims of domestic violence.
- Call 310-547-9343 (24-hour bilingual hotline)
Los Angeles County operates a Domestic Violence Hotline.
- Call 1-800-978-3600
Los Angeles Unified School District has a Mental Health Hotline available to students, families and educators.
- Call 213-241-3840
Los Angeles County is providing help to residents through the Mental Health ACCESS Center.
- Call 800-854-7771 or text “LA” to 741-741
The Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles offers legal counsel, advice and direct representation for low income residents.
- Call 800-399-4529
The City of Los Angeles and Los Angeles County are providing free COVID-19 testing to residents. To schedule an appointment and find the closest centers near you, visit their website.
If you require additional assistance, please call my District Office at 562-429-0470.
OTHER RESOURCES FROM THE CITY, COUNTY, ETC.
|HELPFUL KIDS BOOKLET|
Other helpful resources to help you get information on the Coronavirus:
- MAYOR’S UPDATE 4-17-20
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 in Los Angeles
- 4/7/20 Update from County Supervisor Hahan (Includes Testing Info, Resources for Workers, Businesses and Rents and more)
- Senator Steve Bradford Covid-19 Updates for 4/7/20
- 4/7/20 Update from Congresswoman Barragan’s Office including info on Weekly Telephone Town Hall 4-9-20
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act (US Senate Committee)
- READ OUR LATEST COVID-19 RESOURCES NEWSLETTER
- Caring for Someone with Covid-19
- California Department of Public Health Immunization Branch
LA County Public Health, who is the lead agency for all coronavirus news impacting our area, is holding daily press conferences on this topic every day this week at 12 noon. You can watch these live on their Facebook page at https://facebook.com/LAPublicHealth
LA County Department of Public Health has provided additional guidance for events http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/GuidanceTicketedVenues.pdf
- Link to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Guidance for Employers
- Informational Graphic English
- Informational Graphic Spanish
- Informational Graphic Traditional Chinese