Homelessness Program Updates
People experiencing homelessness has reached a crisis level in Los Angeles. Action to help those in need plus action to find short term and long term solutions to the root causes of the epidemic are happening at a rapid rate, as they should. Homelessness didn’t happen overnight and solutions will not happen overnight. It is very complex and overwhelming to contemplate, but ignoring it is not an option.
This section of our website is devoted to providing the most current information available on this topic.
The 8 Neighborhood Councils in Council District 15 have banded together to form the “CD15 Working Group on Homelessness” with a mission to collaborate, educate and communicate information to our stakeholders on the issues and programs surrounding this crisis. CD15 has assigned Jacob Haik as the liaison from Joe Buscaino’s office to work together with this group.
Additionally, local homeless service providers and advocacy organizations participate in this group to provide updates and ensure NCs are aware of their resources and services.
Presently we are most focused on Mayor Garcetti’s “A Bridge Home” and “Safe Parking” programs to deal with emergency temporary housing with wraparound services. Updates will be added on as timely a basis as possible.
- LACDMH County Emergency Outreach
- 2018 Homeless Count for San Pedro
- Link to Mayor Garcetti’s video released Sept. 2018 showing the first Bridge Home site that is completed in Los Angeles: Link to Video
- Measure H Update:
Results of the first full year of Measure H Funding are in demonstrating widespread progress as services ramped up and thousands of individuals and families were housed temporarily or permanently. Click here for details.
Proposition HHH Permanent Supportive Housing Loan Program is designed to develop permanent supportive housing for homeless individuals and those at risk of homelessness throughout the City. Learn more.
- Council File motion on Bridge Home for CD15 July 2018
- Bridge Housing FAQ
- Glossary of Homelessness Terms and Programs
- EMERGENCY TEMPORARY HOUSING FOR HOMELESS ANGELENOS
- 2018 Homeless Count San Pedro
- LA Works
- Homeful LA
- Pocket Homeless Guide to Resources
- South Bay Coalition to End Homelessness
- Safe Parking LA
- Permanent Supportive Housing