Homelessness Committee & Resources
NWSPNC Homelessness Chair: Armando Balderrama
- WINTER SHELTER PROGRAM
- Link to LA-HOP (Homeless Outreach Portal)
- Link to LAHSA 2019 Housing Inventory Count released 9-19-19
- Los Angeles Homeless Service Authority- 2019 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count Presentation
People experiencing homelessness has reached a crisis level in Los Angeles. Action to help those in need plus action to find short term and long term solutions to the root causes of the epidemic are happening at a rapid rate, as they should. Homelessness didn’t happen overnight and solutions will not happen overnight. It is very complex and overwhelming to contemplate, but ignoring it is not an option.
This section of our website is devoted to providing the most current information available on this topic.
The 8 Neighborhood Councils in Council District 15 have banded together to form the “CD15 Working Group on Homelessness” with a mission to collaborate, educate and communicate information to our stakeholders on the issues and programs surrounding this crisis. CD15 has assigned Jacob Haik as the liaison from Joe Buscaino’s office to work together with this group.
Additionally, local homeless service providers and advocacy organizations participate in this group to provide updates and ensure NCs are aware of their resources and services.
Presently we are most focused on Mayor Garcetti’s “A Bridge Home” and “Safe Parking” programs to deal with emergency temporary housing with wraparound services. Updates will be added on as timely a basis as possible.
LA-HOP.org: Designed to assist people experiencing homelessness in LA County with outreach services. Using information to dispatch a homeless services outreach team to the area. Read about the type of requests this group addresses. https://www.lahsa.org/portal/apps/la-hop/
PATH – Strategically aligns resources with others while utilizing the knowledge and expertise of heir team. Identifies opportunities and removes barriers to operate effectively and efficiently. Provide the resources for our community of partners and the people we serve, and invest in our team, to work together to achieve success in ending homelessness. https://www.epath.org/volunteer/
- LACDMH County Emergency Outreach
- 2018 Homeless Count for San Pedro
- Link to Mayor Garcetti’s video released Sept. 2018 showing the first Bridge Home site that is completed in Los Angeles: Link to Video
- Measure H Update:
Results of the first full year of Measure H Funding are in demonstrating widespread progress as services ramped up and thousands of individuals and families were housed temporarily or permanently. Click here for details.
Proposition HHH Permanent Supportive Housing Loan Program is designed to develop permanent supportive housing for homeless individuals and those at risk of homelessness throughout the City. Learn more.
Online loans for homeless people. Low risk and affordable rates and repayment periods. No employment verification required. Learn more about these online loans!
- Council File motion on Bridge Home for CD15 July 2018
- Bridge Housing FAQ
- Glossary of Homelessness Terms and Programs
- EMERGENCY TEMPORARY HOUSING FOR HOMELESS ANGELENOS
- 2018 Homeless Count San Pedro
- LA Works
- Homeful LA
- Pocket Homeless Guide to Resources
- South Bay Coalition to End Homelessness
- Safe Parking LA
- Permanent Supportive Housing