Pathways to Employment
- ONLINE REGISTRATION BEGINS ON MARCH 1ST
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood Council is pleased to announce that the date for PATHWAYS TO EMPLOYMENT VI is April 14, 2018!
Produced by the Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood Council
This annual event is designed to assist Harbor Area youth ages 16-24 with the skills they need to apply for jobs, get hired, and successfully navigate every day work life.
The event will be held on Saturday, April 14, 2018 at San Pedro High School Olguin Campus. It includes workshops in many practical areas, from mock interviews to networking, and is free to local youth aged 16-24. We hope you agree that these skills are critical for young people today, and provide a solid foundation upon which they can build for the rest of their professional lives.
Our 2018 event is expanding to include local nonprofit partners and the value of volunteerism for young people. Volunteering helps develop lifelong interpersonal and communication skills. Community service is an essential way for students to explore their interests, show colleges what they believe in, and define a possible career path. By engaging in volunteer work, youth have an opportunity to learn experientially.
If you would like to participate in this year’s event, we are currently seeking:
- Workshop leaders to teach on general employment preparation topics or topics related to industry-specific careers.
- Interviewers to conduct mock interviews and coach youth attendees on best interview practices.
- Employers & Organizations – Share your employment and internship opportunities, discuss the application process, and provide insights on the type of candidates you are seeking.
- Nonprofit Partners – Share your volunteer opportunities that will help young people build skills, discover their passion, and give back to their communities at the same time.
We are looking forward to another successful event for the youth of our community. Together, we can inspire and guide the young people in our community to a bright future!
Thank you for your support.
Chair, Pathways to Employment VII
View photos from 2017 Pathways