San Pedro Community Plan – Latest Update
The Los Angeles Department of City Planning has completed the update to the San Pedro Community Plan. The updated San Pedro Community Plan becomes effective today, June 26, 2018.
The San Pedro Community Plan (Click Here to View) will shape the future of San Pedro for the next 20 years, guide future growth, protect neighborhood character, create new economic opportunity, and enhance the quality of life for all who live, work, visit and invest in the area. For more information on the San Pedro Community Plan, visit our website at planning.lacity.org, click General Plan > Community Plans > 35 Community Plans > San Pedro.
Archive of files:
- Link to City of Los Angeles San Pedro New Community Plan webpage
- Exhibit D – Proposed San Pedro CPIO District
- San Pedro Community Plan Final EIR
- community plan proposed modifications
- STAFF REPORT-San Pedro NCP-M1
- Presentation to the Land Use Committees September 14, 2016
- San Pedro Community Plan Updates
- Community Plan Overlay Districts
- 8/21/12 - The newest draft of the San Pedro Community Plan and the EIR documents for it are now available at http://cityplanning.lacity.org/
- Green Paper: Re-thinking Neighborhood Planning (a green paper by Dr Patricia Kaszynska, James Parkinson and Will Fox)
- Comments from Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood Council on the San Pedro Community Plan, May 30, 2012. Download here.
- San Pedro Community Plan: The Los Angeles Department of City Planning held an Open House/Public Hearing in December 2012 regarding proposed Zone Changes and Plan Amendments to the San Pedro Community Plan, in accordance with the Los Angeles City Charter. The existing San Pedro Community Plan was adopted in 1999 and is being updated to reflect current policies, practices, and conditions.The proposed Zone Changes and Plan Amendments are initiated by the City of Los Angeles and involve private and publicly owned land. The official hearing notice link can be found at the top of this page, and contains a map of areas that are proposed for change.The Proposed Plan would preserve the character of existing single-family and lower density neighborhoods by maintaining lower density land use designations and limiting the allowed residential density of some neighborhood commercial areas. The Proposed Plan seeks to direct growth away from existing residential neighborhoods by focusing growth in higher-intensity commercial centers, including emphasis of the downtown as San Pedro’s regional center with increased residential and commercial activity. Proposed land use changes would be implemented by Plan amendments, zone changes, height district changes and other long range implementation programs. The purpose of the hearing is to obtain testimony from affected and/or interested persons regarding the proposed changes. The decision maker will consider all the testimony presented at the hearing, written communication received prior to or at the hearing, and the merits of the proposed changes as they relate to existing environmental and land use policy and regulations. Please contact me at the e-mail address or phone number below if you have any questions. Documents related to the San Pedro Community Plan update are available at the website address: https://sites.google.com/site/sanpedrocommunityplan/Contact info:Debbie Lawrence, AICP San Pedro Community Planner
City of Los Angeles Department of City Planning, Policy Planning
200 N. Spring Street, room 667
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 978-1163 (213) 978-1477 (fax)