Update on Full Closure of Vincent Thomas Bridge
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Full Closure of Vincent Thomas Bridge for Bridge Work
LOS ANGELES— The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will continue nightly closures of the Vincent Thomas Bridge/SR-47 in both directions between Harbor Boulevard and Ferry Street to replace bridge finger joints. Closures are:
Monday, January 27 through Friday, January 31 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Both directions of SR-47 between Harbor Boulevard and Ferry Street
*UPDATED CLOSURE SCHEDULE*
Northbound SR-47 (Harbor Boulevard to Ferry Street)
- Wednesday, January 29 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Thursday, January 30 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday, January 31 from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Saturday, February 1 from 6 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Sunday, February 2 from 5 p.m. to 9 a.m.
Southbound SR-47 (Ferry Street to Harbor Boulevard)
- Friday, January 31 from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Saturday, February 1 from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Sunday, February 2 from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
A signed detour will be posted for motorists’ convenience. Motorists should expect delays and are strongly advised to use alternate routes or avoid the area. Additionally, motorists can check traffic conditions before they leave by visiting the Caltrans Quickmap.
This $4.8 million project has been awarded to Golden State Bridge, Inc. of Benicia, California and is scheduled to last until February 2020.
Caltrans reminds drivers to be “Work Zone Alert” and to “Slow for the Cone Zone.”