Youth Based Projects Funding Information
NORTHWEST SAN PEDRO NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR YOUTH BASED PROJECTS
The Northwest San Pedro Neighborhood Council is interested in funding youth based projects benefiting health, environment, humanity or the arts in San Pedro. There is approximately $2,000 available for this initiative with a $1,000 maximum per grant. Applicants must be a 501 (c) 3 non-profit or a public school*. Priority will be given to youth initiates/youth led projects and projects within Northwest San Pedro. Applications must be received no later than February 28, 2018, decisions will be announced March 2018.
1. Individuals/organizations interested in applying for these funds should review the requirements listed above to determine if your proposed request meets them.
2. Prepare a brief proposal (2-3 pages) containing the following information:
a. Name and contact information of person submitting proposal. Include phone number, e-mail address, and physical address
b. A description of the project being proposed, where it will take place, and how it will benefit the community
c. The role and age of youth in the design and implementation of the project
d. The time frame for the project (when will it start/end)
e. The budget for the project –The total amount requested and a breakdown of what the funds will be used for (be as specific as possible). Are there any other funds needed to complete the project? If so, where will you get them?
3. Obtain a cover letter on sponsoring organization’s letterhead with their Federal Tax Identification Number, contact name, business address, e-mail address, and phone number and a commitment to be responsible for receiving and administering the funds.
4. Submit a formal Application for Neighborhood Purposes Grant including proof of 501(c) 3 or public school status and a Business Tax Registration Certificate (BRTC).
5. Submit the proposal and cover letter by e-mail to DarleneZavalney@aol.com or by mail to NWSPNC Community Outreach Committee, 638 S. Beacon Street, San Pedro, CA 90731
6. If selected as a finalist you will be contacted in April 2018. You may be asked to attend the March Board Meeting to answer questions from the full board for their consideration.
Neighborhood Purposes Grant Documents
Questions: E-mail DarleneZavalney@aol.com with the question and include your phone number.
*Public School applications must be completed by the Principal